Monday, February 25, 2013

Scarves and Hats

I am busy madly crocheting sets of scarves and hats for some friends who are going over to the UK shortly.

The first friend has been over here visiting for three months, and is due to go back home this Saturday ( gee i hope she doesn't see this!):



Here is her hat from my own design ( I will write a pattern up very soon)  I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out


and here is her scarf - a pattern from Stitch n Bitch The Happy Hooker book



Now the two together!  They were made with a Panda brand Thick and Easy yarn - acrylic and probably a 12 or even 14 ply. Done with a 7mm hook.   Made up really fast

And here is another set for another friend who is leaving for a holiday in the UK near the end of March:L


I haven't quite finished this hat yet - another design of my own, and I'm not real happy with how it's turning out.  I want to add a brim and a nice bright flower to this one and I'm not real sure it is going to work  This is taking a lot longer because  I am not sure where I'm going with it!!


Here's the scarf for it, and it is so different to the first one! This is so tiny next to the red one! Done from the same pattern, but an 8 ply cashmere yarn and 4mm hook.

It's so interesting to see the differences in the same pattern done in different yarns.

Do you think that they will both like them?

No comments: